The Infinity ECU delivers state-of-the-art electronic fuel injection (EFI) control technology which provides durability, flexibility and capabilities typically found only at upper echelons of Motorsports. We have now made this technology affordable for both professional race teams and amateur racers. Built around a latest-generation 200MHz automotive processor, the Infinity ECU is capable of processing 400 MIPS (millions of instructions per second) and is perhaps the fastest ECU available today.
All Infinity ECU’s come fully enabled without the need for feature add-on purchases for a limited time. Combined with AEM’s industry-leading after-purchase support, including free technical support, the Infinity is the ultimate engine control solution for both professional race teams and weekend track cars.
SELECTING THE RIGHT INFINITY ECU
The Infinity ECU is designed for maximum flexibility across many types of applications. It is available for a wide variety of vehicles as either a Plug & Play Application or Supported Application. Certain independent tuners have integrated the Infinity onto 3rd Party Applications and we have provided a list as a service to our customers (please read our disclaimer on this page).
Choose the ideal Infinity ECU based on your application’s ignition and fuel injector output requirements using the Infinity Specifications Chart, and then choose between our available Plug & Play or Universal harnesses to create the Infinity solution that suits your specific needs.
AIRFLOW MODEL BASED CALCULATIONS
Infinity’s airflow model-based systems greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to set up and tune an engine by eliminating many of the lookup and trim tables (correction tables) necessary in previous generation ECUs…
InfinityTuner USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
InfinityTuner is optimized for speed and performance. The software has the power to control a multitude of features found in today’s modern racecars and features an advanced tuning Wizard to reduce set up time...
ULTRA-HIGH RESOLUTION FUEL CONTROL
The Infinity ECU calculates injector pulsewidth in units of 1/10th of a microsecond (0.0000001 seconds). Individual cylinder fuel trim is included and user-adjustable vs. engine RPM.
ACCURATE IGNITION TIMING UNDER ANY CONDITION
InfinityTuner software features several 3D ignition trim maps (coolant and air temp based), and its back-end timing code is tested to 100,000 RPM. The individual cylinder ignition trim is included and is user-adjustable vs. engine RPM.
FLEX FUEL COMPENSATION
Flex-fuel compatibility is included, and the Infinity is able to make automatic adjustments for ethanol content in the fuel with the addition of an ethanol content sensor (sold separately)…
The Infinity has the ability to run two separate fuel types simultaneously through staged fuel injection.
DRIVE BY WIRE CAPABILITY
The Infinity ECU can control one or two drive by wire throttle bodies and includes auto calibration for DBW sensors…
The Infinity ECU uses a coolant temp based idle control model…
MULTIPLE BOOST CONTROL STRATEGIES
Choose from time, gear, vehicle speed, switch based or other boost control strategies…
The Infinity’s software allows you to run a single-stage wet or dry nitrous set up (four-stage available soon)…
VARIABLE VALVE CONTROL
Set base duty, limit and VVC cam target for up to four cams through the InfinityTuner Wizard…
The Infinity includes up to four separate ignition maps, four separate Lambda target maps and two separate VE maps with independent values. Using AEM’s 12-Position Trim Pot, this powerful feature delivers many valuable tuning options including…
INTEGRATED ENGINE PROTECTION STRATEGIES
Multiple engine protection strategies are incorporated into the Infinity ECU…
The Infinity’s diagnostics software can be configured to constantly monitor signal and current quality to alert the user of a potential issue before it creates the potential for engine damage.
DUAL INTERNAL WIDEBAND CONTROLLER
A 2-channel Bosch wideband controller is built into the Infinity ECU for twin turbo or individual bank exhaust gas measurement. On board control of the sensors ensures reliable sensor operation and intelligent control of closed-loop feedback.
LIGHTNING-FAST DATA LOGGING
Infinity’s logging feature supports 2 different file systems. A custom file system option will support 100 channels at up to 1 KHz/channel using an included high performance USB flash drive…
AEMdata DATA ANALYSIS SOFTWARE
AEMdata provides an advanced interface for viewing the log files generated by the Infinity ECU.
DUAL KNOCK SENSING
Dual knock signal conditioning circuits allow for precise measurements of knock levels. The Infinity can utilize both Piezoelectric and Flat Response type knock sensors.
The Infinity ECU is constructed using automotive-rated components designed to withstand the harshest racing environments…
The Infinity ECU is able to transfer data via industry-leading High Speed USB at up to 480 Mb/second. It features a fully-sealed IP67 communications connection system.
Infinity is AEMnet enabled and will soon communicate with all AEMnet-equipped devices. It is able to output to many 3rd party dash/logger devices (not all 3rd party dash/logger devices may be supported). Call AEM technical support at (310) 484-2322 for more information.
Infinity uses the latest printed circuit board (PCB) manufacturing processes for Ball Grid Array (BGA) and Quad Flat No-Lead (QFN) components. Its PCB size is roughly 5.5” x 5.5”.
INFINITY ECU ADVANCED TUNING PACKAGE
Certain Advanced Tuning functions, hardware outputs and sensor inputs (see “Advanced Tuning Package” below) are available for the Infinity Programmable ECU. For a limited time the Infinity ECU's Advanced Tuning Package is fully enabled with the current existing set of advanced tuning features. Please contact an Authorized AEM Infinity dealer or call AEM Performance Electronics at (310) 484-2322 for more info.
INFINITY EMS TECHNICAL SPECS :
- Up to 12 peak and hold injector drivers
- Up to 12 (0-5V) ignition outputs
- 3 analog temp inputs (Additional 3 with Advanced Tuning Package)
- 11 analog voltage inputs (Additional 6 with Advanced Tuning Package)
- 7 digital inputs (Additional 1 with Advanced Tuning Package)
- 4 VR/Mag differential pair inputs (Additional 2 with Advanced Tuning Package)
- 12 configurable outputs (Additional 1 with Advanced Tuning Package)
- Variable cam control (up to 4 cams, application dependent)
- Dual internal wideband controllers
- 2 H-Bridge drivers for drive-by wire (Application dependent. Requires Advanced Tuning Package)
- 32 Bit, 200MHz 400 MIPS primary microprocessor
- 20 MHz auxiliary microprocessor
- 6” L x 6” W x 2” H (1.125” H w/o connectors)
- 24 Ounces/680.4 Grams
- 129 pin, fully-sealed ECU enclosure and IP67 spec connectors
INFINITY EMS FEATURES:
- Compatible with most factory and performance aftermarket sensors
- Includes start up configurations (supported applications only)
- Fuel control resolution to 1/10th of a microsecond (.0000001 sec)
- ECU set up wizard
- USB 2.0 High-Speed communications
- High-speed USB data logging to mass storage device (4GB included, tested to 64GB)
- Internal data logging playback mode on every channel, synchronized with all controls
- Tune using USB communication port (optional weatherproof extension cable sold separately)
- 2-Channel CAN included
- User interface features 3D graphics
- Internal simulator
- AEMdata data analysis software included
- Runs on Windows-compatible software
INFINITY EMS CAPABILITIES:
- Airflow model based calculations
- VE-based engine startup
- Multi-fuel capable
- Flex fuel compensated – fuel, ignition and boost with blend
- Multiple boost control strategies (time, gear, vehicle speed, switch and more)
- Drive by wire (with Advanced Tuning Package)
- 2-step programmable launch control (3-step with Advanced Tuning Package)
- Programmable traction control, 2-wheel speed or engine acceleration (4-wheel speed with Advanced Tuning Package)
- No-lift shift (Requires Advanced Tuning Package)
- User configurable soft-cut rev limiters
- User configurable anti-lag
- Map switching (4 Separate ignition maps, 4 separate Lambda target maps, 2 separate VE tables)
- Single stage wet or dry nitrous control (4-stage with Advanced Tuning Package, coming soon)
- Integrated engine protection strategies
- Target Lambda table, 10x10
- Open-loop fuel pressure compensation
- O2 lean-out protection
- 2-channel adaptive knock control
- Configurable coil dwell (RPM, voltage and load based)
- Individual cylinder ignition trim (RPM based)
- Individual cylinder fuel trim (RPM based)
- 3D ignition trim maps (coolant and air temp)
- Real-time sensor diagnostics
- Ignition table, 20x20
- VE airflow table, map vs. engine speed, 20x20
- User adjustable charge temperature blend (CLT/AIT, engine speed dependent)
- Idle control (stepper and pulsewidth)
ADVANCED TUNING PACKAGE (Available at no additional charge for a limited time!):
Advanced Tuning Functions:
- No-lift shift
- 4-wheel speed traction control
- 3-step launch control
- Drive by wire
- 4-stage nitrous control (coming soon)
Advanced Tuning Hardware Outputs:
- 1 high side driver (coming soon)
- 2 H-bridge channels
Advanced Tuning Inputs:
- 2 analog voltage inputs (4 additional coming soon)
- 2 VR/Mag differential pair inputs
- 1 digital/frequency input (coming soon)
- 3 analog temp inputs (coming soon)
- 4-stage nitrous control (coming soon)